Campus Crusade for Christ International (CCCI) and LifeTouch Ministries, Inc. (LTM) have partnered together with their respective resources to bring (1)Jesus’ message of mankind’s redemption to Himself from this fallen world and (2) wholeness for mankind’s fractured identity and his/her return to joy.
Darla France, executive director of LTM recently traveled to Orlando to present her signature conference: When the Pain is Too Deep; Returning to Joy. South Orlando Baptist Church graciously hosted the first combined efforts of CCCI and LTM. They premiered the film: Magdalena, Through Her Eyes, a CCCI film created by the Jesus Film division and they hosted the LTM conference—used as a follow-up to the film.
CCCI , Jesus Film Division, had the foresight to realize that those who view Magdalena, Through Her Eyes, might experience emotional pain and need someone to minister to them. The conference is designed to help anyone who may be stuck in such pain. It is also a tool to train the non-professional who wants to help others return to joy from that emotional pain.
Eleven different churches/ministries and four separate Campus Crusade ministries were represented at the South Orlando conference with fifty-five attending, both women and men. This size conference allows for group activities and bonding as well as our staff being able to interact personally with those who attend.
What attendees had to say:
- “[I learned that] no matter what happens-circumstances in our lives- no one can ever touch/destroy our spirit.”
- “This has been really helpful for me personally-plus I feel I can help others…return to JOY.”
- “Thankful for the focus on joy in the midst of heavy realities.”
- “The topic on receiving and giving was an eye-opener; also the process of maturity and how it affects all that we are and do; that joy is a significant factor amidst suffering and that Jesus is available to give it all.”
- “Teaching was delivered with passion, precision and clarity. The course was timely and relevant to times of life.”
- “Having a ‘take-away’ sense of hope…”
- “Nice balance of speaking and activities.”
- “…this was fantastic and I believe everyone needs to hear this message.”
- “ I would like to attend another workshop like this and try to bring other people next time.”
We measure our success by evidence of lives touched. It was a successful conference and LTM wants to thank CCCI, Jesus Film Division, for inviting us to partner with them in reaching others for Christ and in helping them to return to joy from deep pain. Thank-you South Orlando Baptist for hosting the Magdalena Film and When the Pain is Too Deep; Returning to Joy conference. You made us feel welcomed and enjoyed.
Our thanks to CCCI staff for their willingness to record the conference and produce a DVD to accompany course materials which will be available globally to reach more people for Christ and assist in their healing.
To our readers: We would be grateful for your prayers for this effort. Thank you.